Thursday, April 17, 2008

So, right now, as of April 17th 2008, I have never interviewed for a job that I have not gotten. I only bring this up because that may all change tommorow. If you have not heard, I have applied and interviewed with Teach for America.

If accepted I will need to choose in very rapid order whether or not I am going to accept the position and location offered, and if not what am I going to do otherwise. I guess, if I choose otherwise it wont need to be so quick, but putting it that way makes it seem more dramatic. I have put my preferences as LA, Houston, Kansas City and Memphis ....so I guess we'll find out tommorow.

I'll be honest, I am fairly nervous. With that being said, I am not banking on getting the position. I have seen how those expectations have worked out for others in the past. If I get it, great, if not great. If not, I'll develop another plan of being able to share love/opportunity with others.

So I guess we'll see what happens, and after tommorow I'll start to formulate a plan for "whats next." Time is NOT money, and I am in no rush. After a few months of feeling like I've been waiting for this decision it will be nice to finally have an answer one way or another.

Either way, I'll let you know.

No comments: